Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I specify the weight and shaft diameter of my Viking cue?
- Yes, you can specify the weight and shaft diameter of your Viking cue. The standard weight range is 18 to 21oz. (in quarter-ounce increments) for no additional charge. The standard shaft diameter range is 12 to 13mm (in quarter-millimeter increments) for no extra charge.
- I am new to the game and don't know what weight or shaft diameter to choose.
- We recommend you start with a 19 oz. cue and 13 mm shaft. These are the most common cue specifications.
- Can I get a longer or shorter Viking cue?
- Yes, you can specify up to 3 inches longer on the shaft and butt for a total of up to 6 inches over-length. We can make a cue as short as you want, but we recommend nothing shorter than 52 inches. You will likely incur additional charges for an under- or over-length cue.
- Can I get a different kind of tip on my Viking cue?
- Yes, we also offer the Elk Master (soft), Crown (medium), Champion (medium-hard), Buffalo (hard), and Triangle (hard). Additional charges apply for tips other than the standard French LePro (hard) tip.
- Can I get a different taper?
- Yes, but there are additional charges depending on the complexity of the taper. Other tapers we offer include the "old Viking" taper (8 to 10 inches) and the European taper (starts to widen immediately at the ferrule). Other custom tapers start at $50 and go up depending on the specifications of the taper.
- Can I stain a wood other than bird's-eye maple?
- No. Other woods do not absorb the stain.
- Can I have the shaft of my Viking cue stained?
- No. We do not stain shafts because over time the stain will begin to wear off. Cue shafts also end up discolored from cloth, chalk, powder, dirt, and perspiration.
- Can I specify any stain color for a cue that can be stained?
- Yes. You may select any color stain that is available in our catalog. There may be additional charges.
- Can I request a wood other than that which is shown in the catalog?
- Yes. Additional charges vary depending on the wood selected.
- Can I change the pearl color in my Viking cue?
- In most cases, yes you can, on new cues only. You may select any color pearl that is available in our catalog. There may be additional charges.
- Can I choose the wrap color for my Viking cue?
- Yes, all Viking cues come with an Irish linen wrap. You may choose from more than 27 wrap colors.
- Do you offer a leather wrap?
- Yes, we offer leather in black, brown, and ostrich patterned black. There is an additional charge for leather.
- Do you offer other types of wraps such as cork, nylon, or stacked leather?
- Can I get a Viking cue without a wrap?
- Yes, you can get a Viking cue without a wrap. You will need to specify the wood type. The price varies depending on wood type.
- Can I get a Viking cue with a finish over the wrap?
- Yes. There is an additional charge to do so.
- Can I have my name engraved on my Viking cue?
- Yes, you may choose from Roman, Block, or Script font styles. We are able to engrave up to 27 alphanumeric characters (including spaces) per line on most cues. Additional charges apply for engraving.
- Can I choose the color of engraving?
- Yes. Available colors are black or white.
- Can I engrave on a part of the cue other than the butt cap, choose a larger font size, or mix engraving styles?
- Yes, but there are additional charges.
- What is a break/jump cue?
- A break/jump cue is a multi-purpose cue generally used solely for break and/or jump shots. The break/jump cue typically has a second joint cut in just above the top wrap line.
- Does Viking make a break/jump cue?
- Yes, we do. It is the F112. We also offer a break/jump conversion as an option on most other models (new cues only).